[reportlab-users] [Jython2.5.1] issue: Invalid method Code length 656615 + patch proposal

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 10 05:18:04 EST 2010

On 10/02/2010 04:01, Francis Pieraut wrote:

> Hi guys,

> I was trying to use reportlab with jython2.5.1 and was getting this error:

> java.lang.ClassFormatError: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid method Code

> length 66566 in class file reportlab/pdfbase/_fontdata$py

> I have found a simple fix based on information in this thread :

> http://markmail.org/thread/vnd2x3zckf6cshiu (their patch isn't working)

> The attachment patch works fine with python2.5 and python2.6 and jython.

> It will be great to integrate it into your main branch.

> Reportlab python lib is great, thanks for your great work.

> Thanks

Can you say what code base is being used? I did some work with jython25 some
while ago. It should be visible here

http://svn.reportlab.com/svn/public/reportlab/branches/jython25

There is a patched version of _fontdata.py in that, but I don't know if that is
similar to the patch you propose (by the way I didn't see any attachment).

That branch also contains some primitive java in an attempt to replace _rl_accel
(I'm no good at it so please don't laugh).