[reportlab-users] Status of Python 3 port?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 4 17:05:42 EST 2010

On 4 February 2010 21:42, Neil Schemenauer <nas-> I think Guido is
right.  Having reportlab3 that only runs on Python

> 3 requires your users to port to reportlab3 at the same time they

> are porting to Python 3.  If all the other packages they use do the

> same thing, that's a huge upgrade hump to get over.

> I would vote for a reportlab3 that runs in Python 2.7 and can be

> processed by 2to3 to produce a Python 3 version.

Even if reportlab3 was a new library which required you to
significantly change your apps to switch to it?

I would have thought that most people want their apps to work without
needing to change their reportlab code too much - i.e. port all of
what we have now to 3.0. That is MUCH harder.

- Andy