[reportlab-users] Status of Python 3 port?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 4 12:52:25 EST 2010

On 4 February 2010 17:34, Peter <peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> How about you make a new clean lean reportlab which works on

> both Python 2.x (say Python 2.5+) and Python 3.x?

Python trunk (i.e. moving up to 2.7 once release) and 3.x would seem
the way to go, trying to run both through 2to3 and nightly builds.
However, I question how many people really need a new incompatible
library on 2.x.

The real issue is how badly the Python world needs a reportlab-2.x on
Python 3.0, and whether we have to bother!

So, now for the really big question: who out there would actually
help write code, maintain branches and so on?

- Andy