[reportlab-users] Status of Python 3 port?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 4 12:03:40 EST 2010

On 04/02/2010 16:52, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> Hi,

> I was wondering what is status of porting reportlab to Python 3? Is

> there something I can do to help the process along?

> Neil

I've tried twice to get the most primitive parts of python to work under python
3.0 and lately 3.1.

My approach so far has been to leave the code generation alone and then convert
to bytes right at the output stage.

I believe my latest effort does write a file, but it's totally wrong.

A possible alternative strategy is to store everything in the canvas _code array
as bytes; that means much more initial hacking, but would save storage.