[reportlab-users] registerFont stays how long in memory? what s the best place to register a font?

Thomas Kremmel thomasspin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:14:36 EDT 2010

Thanks Andy.

The next thing I will do is switching to another font. Just to eliminate the
possibility that it has to do with the font.

>>Also, when you got the DarkGardenMK.afm error, were you actually

>>trying to use that font?

No I did not. For me it seems like the DarkGardenMK is getting loaded if
everything else fails. Actually I did not noticed that DarkGardenMK.afm
exists till rl wanted to load it. And obviously it seems that sometimes it
is either successfully loaded or not loaded at all. For me it seems as I
already said, that DarkGardenMK is somehow a fallback szenario for rl.

>>Personally I think there might be something up with the disk. Is it

>>definitely a single server you control, or are you using some

>>clustered environment? If a single box, then perhaps the disk area

>>holding the fonts is causing problems.

The problem is that I do not control the server directly. A friend of mine
controls it.. But I will try to switch to webfaction in the next days. Just
to eliminate the possibility that it has something to do with the servers
disk.

Will let you know if this helps.
I would love web development if everything just would work like on my local
machine ;-)