[reportlab-users] registerFont stays how long in memory? what s the best place to register a font?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Apr 19 16:56:29 EDT 2010

On 19 April 2010 19:06, Thomas Kremmel <thomasspin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can somebody please post a source of a working calibri font which I could

> try out?

> Thank you

I don't have that one, but it seems highly unlikely to me that a
corrupt font would work intermittently.

Are you able to switch to another similar-looking font - you can buy
almost anything from fonts.com, or copy from a Windows fonts directory
- for a couple of days to eliminate this?

Also, when you got the DarkGardenMK.afm error, were you actually
trying to use that font?

Personally I think there might be something up with the disk. Is it
definitely a single server you control, or are you using some
clustered environment? If a single box, then perhaps the disk area
holding the fonts is causing problems.

Have you defragged? I know they say Linux doesn't need it, but the
laptop I type on now started crashing intermittently (and often) a
month ago, while passing all tests. I defragged it and it's been
rock solid ever since.

--
Andy