[reportlab-users] Status of ticket 783

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Apr 14 08:30:53 EDT 2010

On 14 April 2010 10:23, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

> so does this mean we're all adults and the patch can go in?

We have decided to put this in.

We were originally thinking that many of the page-breaking-related
flowables (NextFrame, KeepTogether etc) made no sense inside of table
cells. Yoann, you have persuaded us that there are plenty of other
good reasons for other kinds of ActionFlowables inside containers, so
we'll put in your patch.

However, anyone who WAS currently using page-break-related constructs
inside a container will now find that our system starts to pay
attention to them, which may cause strange behaviour. So we'll add an
rl_config switch to allow the old behaviour.

- Andy