[reportlab-users] Generic mod_python error when returning pdf

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 07:02:20 EDT 2009

Hi, list. Months ago I built a web app under django which through a button
creates a pdf and returns it via an HttpResponse. All worked fine util the
app was under the django development server but now, trying to deploy under
mod_python, it breaks when the server try to send the pdf. What I get is a
generic mod_python error.
The way I create the pdf is like this:
response = HttpResponse(mimetype = "application/pdf")
response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment;
filename=Fasst-laboratories.pdf'
doc = SimpleDocTemplate(response, topMargin = 1 *cm)
and more...
then I return the response variable to another method which handle the http
request and sends back the response to the client.

Have you got any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Simone