[reportlab-users] allow commenting on a pdf?

Gabe Black gabenbecca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:56:22 EST 2009

I'm fairly new to reportlab as well, and looking at the documentation,
it appears that the default encryption is None. I am using platypus
to generate a pdf (no encryption) and it is all working fine.
What I would like to do is to allow the user to make comments on the
pdf and save those comments. Although I have never done that, when
comparing file formats, one of the features listed that helped me make
the decision to use the pdf format was the ability to comment on its
contents.

Anyway, I open up the generated pdf in adobe reader and select
File->Properties->Security. The commenting attribute is listed as
"Not Allowed" Maybe this is a limitation of adobe reader, but I
thought I should be able to "comment" the pdf?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gabe