[reportlab-users] Converting PIL.Image to platypus.Image

Anon Nimas anonnimas at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 13:56:13 EST 2009

I am trying to add a PIL.Image object into platypus flowable. However attempt to insert PIL.Image directly into the element list will trigger
an error. Also casting PIL.Image as reportlab.platypus.Image will also crash. As I understand platypus.Image actually converts an
external image file into PIL.Image. Is there a way, or more direct way,
of casting or converting a PIL.Image object into
reportlab.platypus.Image object, as opposed to saving the PIL.Image
object into an external file and then load it back again using
reportlab.platypus.Image? Currently the only way for me to put a PIL.Image object directly into ReportLab is by drawing on the canvas. I was hoping to also do the same in platypus flowable.

Much appreciated,
Anon