[reportlab-users] Reportlab SVN repository inaccessible via https with recent svn/neon versions

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 18 05:53:58 EST 2009

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

> Robin Becker <robin <at> reportlab.com> writes:

>> Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

>>> Could someone at RL take a look at this?

>>> Thanks,

>>> Jeff

>> Our server also works in http: so that should fix your problems wrt md5/trust

>> etc etc. Not sure exactly why we advertise everything in https, we use

>> https for checking in though. Up to now https hasn't been a problem.

> So it does, thanks. I just confirmed that an http checkout works fine:

> $ svn co http://svn.reportlab.com/svn/public/reportlab/trunk reportlab

> 80 to the server, and for that reason HTTPS checkouts were necessary for all (at

> the time).

I vaguely remember that issue was possibly related to moving into our new
office, but cannot remember resolving it. It seems Jerome Alet had some issues
Oct. 2008, but they appear to have been resolved then.

> Regarding the underlying issue, it appears that the certificate will need to be

> remade, that is all. The recent versions of libneon et. al. reject MD5 signed

> certificates as a matter of policy. The bug above indicated that they weren't

> inclined to provide an override for the user.

I assume that's not something one is able to do without getting the CA to do it
ie there's not some magic I can do with openssl software to convert my crt to a
different signing algorithm.