[reportlab-users] Reportlab SVN repository inaccessible via https with recent svn/neon versions

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 18 05:21:38 EST 2009

2009/11/17 Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk at yahoo.com>:

> So it does, thanks. I just confirmed that an http checkout works fine:

> $ svn co http://svn.reportlab.com/svn/public/reportlab/trunk reportlab

> 80 to the server, and for that reason HTTPS checkouts were necessary for all (at

> the time).

You're right there - we failed to re-inform the list once the problem
got better.

I have checked our web site which is telling people to use http://

> Regarding the underlying issue, it appears that the certificate will need to be

> remade, that is all. The recent versions of libneon et. al. reject MD5 signed

> certificates as a matter of policy. The bug above indicated that they weren't

> inclined to provide an override for the user.

OK, we'll try to fix this over Christmas and New Year when the
customers stop bugging us. We followed step-by-step instructions on
our certificate vendor's web site with very little actual
understanding, so may need to get their input ;-(

- Andy