[reportlab-users] Page headings in platypus

Robert Young Robert at AbilitySys.com
Tue Nov 3 09:34:54 EST 2009

Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see an echo so I don't know if it
made it through the first time...

I am trying to write code that will place a "continued" heading on a
page. I have added all the "paragraphs" to a "story" and once they are
all added, I use the build method and can place global page headers with
no p[problem. However, I want to add a section heading when the data
flows on to the next page. For example, the data looks like this:

Section 1

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line n

Section 2

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Line n

When a section flows on to a new page, I want to add the heading
"Section 1 (continued)." The problem is, the pagination occurs long
after the "story" is built, so I have no idea where the break is
occurring, and I don't really want to hard code a break anyhow.

How can I detect during the build where a break occurs, and how can I
determine the appropriate data to print at that time? Is there such an
attribute as a paragraph header?

Thanks in advance,

- Robert