[reportlab-users] PDFs generated by ReportLab not printing

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue May 26 05:22:30 EDT 2009

King Simon-NFHD78 wrote:

> [...]

as we currently handle TTF fonts we are creating subsets each with their own
encoding vector. Text using the font uses this encoding vector instead of a more
standard form. We also create and output the ToUnicode object ie a mapping from
our subset to unicode. I believe that's to allow for translation of our encoded
strings into unicode for searching etc etc.

FWIW I think the default is to have the first 128 entries of our first subset be
equivalent to ascii 0-127. That allows for readability of the text strings in a
common case.