[reportlab-users] PDFs generated by ReportLab not printing

King Simon-NFHD78 simon.king at motorola.com
Fri May 22 11:18:15 EDT 2009

I'm still confused. As far as I can tell, TrueType fonts contain their
own encoding information, so there should be no need to specify an
encoding.

My simple PDF contains this:

% Font Arial Unicode MS subset 0
<< /BaseFont /AAAAAA+ArialUnicodeMS
/FirstChar 0
/FontDescriptor 6 0 R
/LastChar 127
/Name /F2+0
/Subtype /TrueType
/ToUnicode 4 0 R
/Type /Font
/Widths [ 1000
1000
1000
... Etc

There is no /Encoding key in there, but I've no idea whether there
should be.