[reportlab-users] PDFs generated by ReportLab not printing

King Simon-NFHD78 simon.king at motorola.com
Thu May 21 07:33:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've had a couple of reports from end users of my application that they
are unable to print the PDFs that I generate using a patched version of
ReportLab. The patch is the one that I sent to the list in November last
year to support transparency in PDFs.

I think it's quite likely that my patch is the cause of the errors, but
I've no idea how to debug the problem. Here is an example error message
that a user has sent me:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
%%[ Error: invalidrestore; OffendingCommand: restore ]%%

Stack:
-save-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the error myself. Does anyone know of
any tools for analysing PDF files that might help in tracking down the
problem?

Thanks a lot,

Simon