[reportlab-users] Reducing use of 7-bit characters

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue May 5 02:41:48 EDT 2009

2009/5/4 Yoann Roman <yroman-reportlab at altalang.com>:

> This thread talks about optional tweaks to reduce RL's 7-bit use:

> http://tinyurl.com/cwea65

Switching between Ascii base 85 and Ascii base 64 probably wouldn't
matter much as both are ASCII. There are other encoding options but
also we might need to have less nice neat sub-80-character line
endings; we could fiddle forever.

If we could determine exactly what causes the problem in a manner
ReportLab could reproduce in the lab, we could fiddle with things to
fix it. Do you know if it's just the attaching process (i.e. attach
then detach without even sending), if it needs an exchange server,
which Outlook versions demonstrate this etc?

- Andy