[reportlab-users] Congratulations

Anthony Plunkett anthony at thefort.org
Sat Mar 21 23:33:32 EDT 2009

I'm a newcomer to reportlab and I've been blown away by how simple it
was to create a label making program. We're opening a new grocery store
this coming Friday, and I was frustrated by our current off the shelf
label program, so I thought I'd try making my own to automate the
tagging process-- the result is:

http://www.thefort.org/files/reportlab.pdf

The program takes in a csv file and generals 32 labels per page, EAN
format (though most the codes are UPC-A, but it's all compatible)
everything works, scans fine, runs quickly, and looks great. Thanks to
Paul and Andy for the StringWidth help, I used it to centre the
descriptions and then work out if the Price area can be centred, or
needs to be right justified depending on the length (to stop it running
off the right edge of the tag).

Reportlab is a fantastic addition to my toolbox and I'm already thinking
of other projects to use it on, so I just wanted to say thank you for
all the work everyone's done to get it to where it is today.

Anthony.