[reportlab-users] Getting Nested table aligned to top

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Thu Jul 30 15:44:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

It looks like my post got eaten due to my screenshot, so I have uploaded
it to flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25220999@N03/3773123700/

I am trying to get a set of nested tables to align at the top. There are
6 rows in the screenshot. The first row is 3 "Earnings", the 2nd is the
four row table, the 3rd is three "Deductions", the 4th is the 5 row
table, etc. Notice that the bottom row has the first two columns lower
the the last one. Is there a way to force that row to be aligned at the
top? Right now, I use the following code:

tblThree = Table(data3, colWidths=colWidths, style=LIST_STYLE,
hAlign="LEFT", vAlign="TOP")

This does not work. Does anyone have a better idea? I am using Python
2.5 on Windows XP with the latest ReportLab.

Thanks,

Mike