[reportlab-users] Alternative paragraph implementation with HTML and CSS

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Wed Jul 15 11:28:57 EDT 2009

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Cool! This reminds me of finalising my paragraph version doing

> Kerning, see http://twitpic.com/80ppw.

> It's funny (and/or sad) how many companies I met over the last

> years who dropped evaluating RL in favour of using other libs

> like PDFlib simply because of the lack of kerning.

I'd be happy to integrate a kerning option into the wordaxe
Paragraph implementation (this would help rst2pdf as well)
after my summer holiday, if you can give me a code example.

Do you do automatic kerning based on the font information
or is the kerning hand-coded for each pair of glyphs?

BTW Dirk's code looks pretty clean, much cleaner than mine...
But, at least some of the classes look quite similar to what
wordaxe does in the para_fragments.py module.

Henning
http://deco-cow.sourceforge.net