[reportlab-users] Is there a "cell" or "phrase" Flowable?

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Thu Jul 2 16:00:58 EDT 2009

If I want output that looks like this...

Name: Smith, John Street: 300 Boardwalk Place
City: Strawberry Hill, KY 71111
Charge: Drunk and disorderly conduct
Officer's report: Suspect was found hanging upside down from a
lamppost with a dumb look on his face and a barmaid under each arm
all the while singing loudly and off key.

But I don't know beforehand how long each of those fields are and might want
them to all be on one line if they happen to fit. In other words, I want them
to flow left-right, then top-bottom with line breaks only as needed. There
would be, ideally, 5 Flowables in the above example.

All the current Flowables seem to be purely top-bottom oriented (they're all
sort-of a paragraph).

Could any Flowables be made to work this way?

Thanks,
Michael