[reportlab-users] Need to put together a quick script, some basic questions

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Jan 7 13:01:04 EST 2009

Pedro:

> I gooled a bit arround and found out that this is a technique called

> 'page imposition'. After some more googling I found a rather easy to

> use tool that does this simply by running a comand line tool with the

> right parameters.

> Just in case somebody runs across the same issue:

> http://multivalent.sourceforge.net/

> it has a cool imposition tool

I did, but I wanted a Python solution I can easily tweak myself
so I wrote pdfnup [1] which has no booklet feature yet as you
described it, yet, but that might be added, sometime. It uses
pyPdf, which you could also use seperately to rearrange and
flip pages as needed before calling pdfnup...

Regards,

Dinu

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdfnup