[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.3 release news

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 09:15:28 EST 2009

Andy,

>> Please try to make sure that no "active" RL-module imports from DOCs

>> or Tests; not even somewhere deep down (i.e. some half-commented test

>> lines). That is important for the minority of us who distribute their

>> applications via py2exe on windows as "binaries", and having 2MB

>> accidently integrated Reportlab-Docus within is not really helpfull :)

> Very good point. Logged as issue 952.

> However, it would seem very natural to me to use references to tests

> in docstrings (" see reportlab/tests/test_foo_bar.py for examples").

> I am surprised that py2exe pulls in commented out references. How

> careful do we have to be?

docstrings no problem they are. BUT in some younger versions
down,"commented" in "if __name__=='__main__' of some scripts there
were added test-codes like "import xxx" with xxx being some test / doc
script.

That should be avoided. (the history is clear. "oh, I just test this
change by importing xxx and running it as a script"... ) I can
understand WHY it happens :) it is just hard to get rid of on
packaging :)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa