[reportlab-users] Saving annotations with Platypus

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 10 05:32:06 EST 2009

Chris Foster wrote:

> I'm passing a "subject" to a DocTemplate, but it doesn't seem to stick.

> Is there something I need to do to explicitly save it to the canvas?

well I've just tried this in test_platypus_general.py. I added subject='test0'
so that line 555 in func run lookes like

doc = AndyTemplate(outputfile('test_platypus_general.pdf'),subject='test0')

when I run the test the document test_platypus_general.pdf does have a subject
of test0 (as viewed in the document properties). However, this is not a standard
annotation, but a PDFInfo object which is a special dictionary that's part of
the PDF trailer.