[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.3 is out!

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 6 07:38:59 EST 2009

2009/2/6 Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com>:

> I'll try a few more experiments and update people later. Changing the

> package names we used for 7 years is frankly a major pain in the arse,

> but maybe we can rename the output packages uploaded to PyPI

OK, I renamed the packages on PyPI, and it finds them. We'll probably
change our naming conventions; what he expects seems reasonable
and common...

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#specifying-your-project-s-version

easy_install now finds the latest package fast, but fails for less trivial
reasons (compiler errors with libart). However, when I unpack and run
"python setup.py install", it works perfectly. I suspect the problem
is that our source distro is made with 'svn export' and 'tar', and lacks
some magic stuff 'sdist' does.

This is as far as we can take it today. If anyone has time to look at
why easy_install can't handle our working (classic) setup script, I'd be
interested, but I have to work on other stuff. However, we are not
going to switch to a setuptools-based setup script at this time.

- Andy