[reportlab-users] PDF File corrupt

Dani Reguera drbakhache at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 12:44:51 EST 2009

Hi everybody!
First of all I have never said that Reportlab generates corrupted files.
REportlab works fine, I have been using reportlab during a year for all my
projects and I have never had a problem with this fantastic library.

The only problem that I have is that I generated a file with images with
reportlab and i can see in document viewer well. This file is OK it has all
the images and strings that I want. The only problem is that this file when
I try to open with Adobe Acrobat reader, says me that is corrupted. Not
more.

I will send you the code and the PDF file to let you see this trouble.

Thank you a lot for your help and your answers.

2009/12/4 Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com>

> Dani Reguera wrote:

> > I have tried with the png and the same problem. I can see it in the

> > document viewer but in adobe acrobat reader not.

> > What could be the problem? I don't kwnow why. may be it's incompatible?

> Look, none of us are mind readers!!! The rest of create many, many,

> many PDFs every day that all work fine. We cannot possibly help you

> unless you send us a PDF file that doesn't work, and/or runnable Python

> code to create a file that fails. The code you sent was NOT runnable,

> because the names "SUBTITLE" and "styles" were not defined.

> Can't you see how frustrating it is for you to say "Reportlab generates

> corrupted PDF files. Why?" That question cannot possibly be answered.

> --

> Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com

> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Dani