[reportlab-users] Evaluate and buy ReportLab PLUS - our commercial edition

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Dec 4 12:24:50 EST 2009

As you may know, ReportLab has a suite of commercial tools (including
"Report Markup Language") which allow rapid development of PDF
applications, with features not present in our open source libraries.

In the last year we have standardised on a new pricing model, and
we're now ready to let people register, evaluate and eventually buy
the software themselves online.

The new model is an annual contract called "ReportLab PLUS", which
lets you use Report Markup Language, PageCatcher and various other
tools of ours for a given business process based on volume. If
you're generating up to 30,000 pages per month of output on a server,
it costs GBP 1000 (USD ~1650, EUR ~1500) per year for a lease and
support (including 'how-to' support as well as bugs). We hope this
will be affordable for many small web based businesses or departmental
processes.

Prices:

http://www.reportlab.com/software/licencing/

Documentation on RML (user guide and samples)

http://www.reportlab.com/software/developers/documentation/

If you are building PDF solutions with our open source code, and you
are looking for greater development productivity, inclusion of richer
artwork, or better documentation (!), we urge you to take a look.
Please go to www.reportlab.com, click 'register/login', and you'll be
able to download it. You'll also find links on your account page to
send us immediate feedback, in case anything is unclear about getting
started.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson