[reportlab-users] Dynamic cell content in tables?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Aug 26 04:57:24 EDT 2009

Andy Robinson:

> No.

> It's an annoying gap in our table model. You really need some

> hook so that when doing a footer, it's possible to retrospectively

> access the cells which were placed on the same page, so that you

> can do your own totalling. At the present time the programmer would

> have to break the table into page-sized chunks and work out the totals

> themselves before going into Platypus.

That's what I thought. Which is why I solved my issue entirely
without Platypus. That was possible, because the document was
mostly only one big table. And, yes, it is a pain...

That said, (static) table footers would already be helpful. It
would be nice for the table class to have some propepr hooks
called when a frame/page split does occur. That would make
things almost trivial.

Makes me think of an altertables package... ;-)

Dinu

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dinugherman