[reportlab-users] Dynamic cell content in tables?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Aug 26 03:27:50 EDT 2009

2009/8/25 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Hi,

> I'm having fun with tables, again. Is there a way to have repeating

> header and/or (ideally: and) footer rows that contain something

> like subtotals, say, of a column as shown inside a page or frame?

No.

It's an annoying gap in our table model. You really need some
hook so that when doing a footer, it's possible to retrospectively
access the cells which were placed on the same page, so that you
can do your own totalling. At the present time the programmer would
have to break the table into page-sized chunks and work out the totals
themselves before going into Platypus.

- Andy