[reportlab-users] Further AreaLinePlot bugs

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Aug 11 04:38:16 EDT 2009

Andy Robinson:

> FYI, we're working on a substantial charting project for a client now

> (which is based on a fork of the code so no commits just yet), and

> they need area/line plots. There is some fundamental engineering

> being done first but we might be able to look at making axis-types

> more modular in September.

>> In order to just get all the axis classes to be interchangeable

>> we'd need a higher level definition of what plots are about.

> Exactly. I have not yet found a clean set of concepts to

> make a chart object hierarchy modular enough. Suggestions welcome.

Looking at other libraries might help, see:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/NumericAndScientific/Plotting

Apart from that, I'd prefer a solution with minimal changes
to existing code for my problem instead of using sth. totally
new. In my case, and I believe in many others as well, it
would be totally sufficient to simply display only ticks/labels
on the axis for existing data points. It should be easy to make
this an option in the ValueAxis, named "onlyDataPointTicks" or
something like that.

Dinu

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dinugherman