[reportlab-users] Problems installing Reportlab

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Aug 6 12:00:50 EDT 2009

Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

> Christopher Brewster wrote:

> > On a Macbook Pro running Leopard, I have PIL and Freetype2 installed.

> > When I run "python setup.py install" I get the following:

> > ---

> > This appears to be good but when I run "python setup.py tests" I get

> > the messages below.

> > Is there anything I have done wrong or what?

> > Thanks for your advice.

> > Christopher

> Could this be a line ending conversion error. We don't make MAC

> specific archives. I always assumed that people used the tar.gz files

> and that being some kind of unix the mac versions just worked like

> unix. the import and PIL errors are reminiscent of problem we get when

> line endings are converted wrongly.

Doubt it. I build ReportLab from source on my Mac pretty much every day
-- as you say, it's pretty much UNIX.

Note that the OP is using some other flavor of Python -- it's 2.6, and
2.5 is what OS X 10.5 comes with. Looks like a third-party Python, not
the one that ships with the Mac. Maybe it's built wrong.

Bill