[reportlab-users] cannot install reportlab using easy_install

Sorin Sbarnea sorin.sbarnea at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:41:02 EDT 2009

Thanks for the fast response. Here is the gcc version:

gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44) - from CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

Regarding easy_install - this should be a recommended way to install
any python package, specially when the distribution does not provide a
a package using it's package manager.

I know that I could try other methods but I prefer so solve this bug -
so others will not have the same issue.

BTW, I'm not the first encountering this issue, take a look at:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-February/702078.html

I will be happy to assist in solving this.
--
/sorin
http://nusunt.eu