[reportlab-users] Adobe Reader won't print TrueType fonts

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Apr 16 06:59:43 EDT 2009

I tried the original test document with Adobe Reader 9.1 on win32 and that
prints fine.

Interestingly the result of this script

#### helloworld.py
from reportlab.pdfbase.ttfonts import TTFont
from reportlab.pdfbase.pdfmetrics import registerFont
from reportlab.pdfgen.canvas import Canvas
registerFont(TTFont("Vera", "Vera.ttf"))
registerFont(TTFont("VeraBI", "VeraBI.ttf"))
c = Canvas('helloworld.pdf')
c.setFont('Vera', 10)
c.drawString(100, 700, u'Hello World \xbf\xbe\xe8')
c.save()

works fine on jaunty with acroread 8, but

evince fails with "can't prompt for authorization". I have updated jaunty since
the previous attempts so perhaps something else is going on. My colleague is
able to print in evince and in acroread 8 with Xubuntu AMD 64.