[reportlab-users] Table cell contents misaligned (RLTK > 2.0)

Matt Folwell mjf at pearson.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 11:01:05 EDT 2009

Andy Robinson wrote:

> 2009/4/2 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

>> I'd also be very interested in a true solution and some

>> motivation for changing/breaking the previous behaviour.

> I was not aware of this I can assure you no one has deliberately

> changed this; it must be a sideeffect of something else.

> We're having a mad week now (last 3 days of UK tax year,

> many systems we maintain getting updated) but will

> try to find out what happened and why, and whether we

> could revert without breaking something else.

> It makes sense that text-in-cells and paras-in-cells should

> share a baseline. There are many projects where we start

> with short plain text strings, then have to change one

> column to have wrapping paragraphs.

> I've logged this in the tracker

It's a side-effect of changing Paragraph to position its baseline
according to the ascent and descent read from the font.

I submitted a patch a while ago to do the same with table strings, but
it must have slipped through the cracks.

My patch (which was against 2.2) is at
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2008-September/007414.html

Regards,
Matt

--
Matt Folwell

Senior Programmer
Pearson Publishing Group
Chesterton Mill, French's Road, Cambridge CB4 3NP
Tel: +44 1223 350555 Fax: +44 1223 356484
http://www.pearson.co.uk/