[reportlab-users] ANN: pdfnup 0.3.0

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 24 18:17:09 EDT 2008

2008/9/24 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> anybody else. In fact, I've made the maybe overly optimistic

> assumption that on this list most people would be familiar with

> the term "n-up", since I thought most would know about tools

> like psnup.

I got it when I read the page, but my poor senile brain didn't
supply the right pronunciation when I first saw it.

> "Pdfnup puts multiple logical pages onto each physical sheet

> of paper. The input PDF file should follow the Adobe Document

> Structuring Conventions."

I thought the Adobe "Document Structuring Conventions" apply
to postscript, not PDF? Since a PS program is a general purpose
program, people needed to follow conventions (like separating
each page between magic comments) to make it easy to
parse postscript. PDF doesn't need this since a badly
structured PDF file just won't parse, and is inherently broken
into pages. Did you just mean to say "The input PDF file should comply with
[insert version of PDF spec here]"?

- Andy