[reportlab-users] ANN: pdfnup 0.3.0

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Sep 24 17:10:35 EDT 2008

Tim Roberts:

> If you will permit me to be a bit critical, NOWHERE in this

> announcement

> do you give the slightest clue as to what "pdfnup" actually does.

> True, the description is on the web page, but I shouldn't have to hit

> the page to decide whether this is interesting for me.

Hi Tim,

I very much appreciate your criticism! You're absolutely right,
of course, and I'm sorry for having wasted your time or that of
anybody else. In fact, I've made the maybe overly optimistic
assumption that on this list most people would be familiar with
the term "n-up", since I thought most would know about tools
like psnup.

I'm adapting here a key phrase from its man page to pdfnup,
hoping to save at least some of he time of others:

"Pdfnup puts multiple logical pages onto each physical sheet
of paper. The input PDF file should follow the Adobe Document
Structuring Conventions."

Thanks again,

Dinu