[reportlab-users] Svglib 0.6 to be released soon

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Sep 23 13:15:57 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter:

> On Friday 19 September 2008, Dinu Gherman wrote:

>> I've built a draft release 0.6 of svglib [1], a library for

>> reading and converting SVG to RL Drawing objects, which will

>> be released under GPL 3. So far it has changed from a Python

>> module to a package and contains a huge amount of test cases

>> taken from the W3C.

> Any chance this could be a non-viral license? I would love to

> include this

> feature in z3c.rml.

I've had some bad experience with changing another project
of mine from GPL to MIT, because I believed people telling
me they would not be allowed to contribute to the project if
it stayed under GPL, which is kind of perverting the idea of
the GPL, and I'm not willing to repeat this.

Anybody who wants to use (and modify) svglib will be able to
do so, even after downloading it as an egg. For other, add-
itional, licenses you'll need to convince me with good argu-
ments.

Regards,

Dinu