[reportlab-users] question about keepWithNext and multibuild

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Sep 23 12:16:36 EDT 2008

hi,

Thanks to Andy and Robin for the information.

I am working with FLOSS Manuals - we write free documentation about free
software. At this moment we are automating the production of printed
manuals ( see http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Blog/BooksArrive )

Currently we build the TOC for the books using a routine in Pisa that
relies on multipass but unfortunately this breaks the keepWithNext.
keepWithNext is absolutely necessary for producing books otherwise the
inevitable headings appear at the bottom of pages detached from content
etc. Looks terrible.

So we are really needing to build a TOC without multipass. We just pick
up on h1 headings using Pisa as this is the only depth required in a
book TOC for our purposes. If anyone has a nice snippet for producing a
TOC without multipass we would very much appreciate it.

adam

--
Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals