[reportlab-users] tables in frames on multiple pages with variable data

Arkadi Colson arkadi at smartbit.be
Tue Sep 23 02:49:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Maybe I was not clear enough in my explanation.
On a page I have 3 sections: header, body and footer

1. Header contains 5 words which have to be placed with X and Y
parameters randomly on top of page. So I have to use canvas there I suppose.
2. The body will contains a table with data which can grow over one
page. So I have to use build methode here I think.
3. Then finally the footer is in fact the same as the header so will use
again canvas here? The extra thing on this is that it should be only on
the second page if the body is to large to fit on page one. (I can
detect this because I know th rowhights)

Then (if possible) this have to be repeated for 10 times in the same
document but I'm already happy with one time. I can merge the pdf files
into one big file if needed.

Does reportlab have something like doc.build (SimpleDocTemplate) but
then not with firstpage and otherpage but for each page...?

Anybody who can advice me on this please?

Thanks a lot!
Arkadi