[reportlab-users] Want to use SVG files with reportlab? Read this!

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Wed Sep 10 22:49:34 EDT 2008

I have just done a hack to use those file formats (and several others) *as
vectors* from reportlab.

You need an external tool, called uniconvertor, and it has some issues, but it
is working.

I should polish it, but I'm just too excited and wanted to share it :-)

Details and code, including a SVGImage flowable:
http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/2008/09/10.html#BB753

Sample PDF with SVG in it: http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/static/svg.pdf

If anyone can help me get rid of the page jump after the SVG, I think I can
fix the rest of it :-)

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan