[reportlab-users] 2.2 - distutils versus setuptools

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 4 12:37:57 EDT 2008

2008/9/4 Dirk Holtwick <dirk.holtwick at gmail.com>:

[Dirk sends complete set of eggy stuff... ]

Thanks very much for these - I'll study these and try to get them
in place tomorrow. (I'm in the middle of another deadline tonight).

> My personal opinion is that the recent setup script is by far too complex

> but I don't know how to make it better ;)

I agree. For the record, I think distutils is a monstrosity, which is why
we ignored it for so many years; I have never seen a clean non-trivial
setup script.

> (BTW I recommend changing names to upper case for the other

> files too, like LICENSE.txt etc)

Done in subversion just now...

- Andy