[reportlab-users] More 2.2 questions - package rearrangement

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Sep 1 12:17:33 EDT 2008

2008/9/1 Dirk Holtwick <dirk.holtwick at gmail.com>:

> Maybe reportlab/fonts/ and reportlab/tools/ should also move to the top

> directory because they are not an essential part of reportlab toolkit.

I agree on text files ending in .txt.

Not sure about reportlab/fonts. If people want it to work "out of the box"
with the bitmap graphics then we must include a specific set of base fonts
where the code can always find them. If people unzip to a temporary
directory and
run 'setup.py install', they want a library that "just works" - this includes
making a chart, adding some text and saving it to a .png.

- Andy