[reportlab-users] Bulleted Text not displaying

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Oct 21 18:58:20 EDT 2008

2008/10/21 Peter Mattingly <pmattingly at mail.csuchico.edu>:

> Again, I truly did not mean to "snark" (is that a verb now?), I just "wrote

> angry"; Not necessarily about the subject at hand, if that makes any sense.

>>_>

> I do write well, I've worked very hard to become so. So I would like to

> contribute one of my stronger skills (writing) while working on

> understanding ReportLab (a weaker skill). In fact I believe it would be

> conducive to the process of learning about ReportLab, as I would have to

> gain a thorough knowledge of various topics in order to write knowledgeably

> about them.

Peter, any help would be most gratefully received. For now I'd suggest you just
go through any bits of the user guide which confused you or could be improved,
and just send us your modifications in whatever form is easiest. If you
have subversion access and want to amend the scripts that create each
chapter (which IMHO should be readable by any Python programmer, if a little
weird), that's great; but we'd be equally happy with simple emails
rewriting or expanding sections; or even with any separate teaching example
programs you might wish to write. We can quickly reformat and commit these.

ReportLab now have twice as many staff as a year ago and while many of our
newbies don't have the in-depth knowledge of the framework yet, we certainly
have the resources to ensure that "improvements to documentation" are quickly
included.

We also have a quieter patch coming up in November/December and plan a further
release and substantial improvements to our site along the lines of making
documentation more accessible. Hopefully if you can make some contributions,
others will be prompted to follow suit!

Best Regards,

Andy