[reportlab-users] manual proposal

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Oct 19 17:25:00 EDT 2008

2008/10/19 adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net>:

> hi,

> If there is interest in putting together a manual on Reportlab then I'm

> as keen as mustard to help get one going. We have a community of free

> documentation writers at FLOSS Manuals and a tool set that enables the

> ease of production, translation and output to online (via an embedded

> manual api) or book form.

Adam, thanks very much for this. However, the problem isn't the tools,
it's finding people who are willing to go through the existing manual
making bits friendlier, correcting holes and inaccuracies, and adding some
new examples.

Your site looks great and I am sure fills a big need. But It would be quite
sad for a publishing tool like ours to move away from being able to
publish its own
manuals (unless you use ReportLab to make PDFs?). ReportLab's core
business is helping clients publish content, and we have all the tools we
need, as well as a roadmap which should sync with Python's own documentation
one day (we hope to move to ReST). The problem is finding people willing
to spend time mainatining our open source documentation.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect