[reportlab-users] Add TTF Embedding Option

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Oct 16 12:23:54 EDT 2008

2008/10/16 Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen at t-p.com>:

> Another approach for a patch would be to support some

> kind of font-replacement table, in such a way that

> even if you specify Arial in the input, the library

> would use Helvetica internally instead.

Yes, this is something we probably need in the long run.
We also need it for projects that create bitmaps - you
might be able to use Helvetica in PDF, but need to
tell the system to use Rina instead when making a PNG
chart. But it's getting a lot more complex and unlikely
to get done this month.

- Andy