[reportlab-users] Control list of Flowables flow direction within a table cell?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Oct 7 04:08:22 EDT 2008

2008/10/7 Paul Graham <pdg66 at hotmail.com>:

> Hi guys, I'm a reportlab newbie - can anyone please tell me if there's a way

> of getting a list of flowables (within a table cell) to flow from left to

> right (eg. display an image to the left of a paragraph) - all the examples

> I've seen go from top to bottom.

Flowables are "block level" and all go from top to bottom.

However, there is a fairly clunky ImageAndFlowables object which can be
used to wrap text around and under an image, if that's what you want to do.

The quickest way to understand this is to look at the example in test_002_paras
here....just 'page down' until you hit an image. This is a test suite
for the commercial
RML product built on Platypus, but the underlying flowable objects are
pretty much
what you would expect from
looking at the RML tags

http://developer.reportlab.com/examples/