[reportlab-users] PDF test pages for printers?

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Nov 17 08:41:59 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 02:35:42PM +0100, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> I wonder if anybody here has created sample PDF pages to be

> tested with different printers before deciding which one to

> buy?

> Since all printers have different demo pages, it is hard to

> compare them. Features to be tested might include line den-

> sity, grey levels, color, resolution, non-printable margins,

> etc. I found this, but it lacks "printing on the edge":

> http://cream.sourceforge.net/ColorCard.pdf

> Well, maybe someone wants to test his ReportLab knowledge

> to create something like this or better for the community?

> Just an idea...

I've created a generator for the attached PDF file, which I use not to test
printers but to test my pkpgcounter software. Maybe this can help or
serve as a basis for more complex test documents.

The source is available at :

http://trac.pykota.com/browser/pkpgcounter/trunk/tests/runcolors.py

(or http://svn.pykota.com/pkpgcounter/trunk/tests/runcolors.py)

hth