[reportlab-users] Visual Designer

Mario Lacunza mlacunza at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:42:25 EST 2008

2008/11/14 Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com>

> 2008/11/14 Mario Lacunza <mlacunza at gmail.com>:

> > Hello,

> > There are plans to create a Visual Report Designer for Reportlab?

> Something

> > like Crystal Report or other similar tool?

> No, sorry (at least not within ReportLab the company). Building such a

> tool

> well would probably take years of effort.

> We do have a few ideas to save people some time in coding, but

> I'll keep quiet on them for now as we have lots of more short term

> issues to fix first...

Yes, I understand... but maybe an Opensource separate project? I think:
others programmers need a graphic tool for design reports like me, if
anyboby in this list have interest in this idea please contact me to create
it with GPL, I think could be a great contribution.

--
Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Software Architect - Webmaster