[reportlab-users] Visual Diff Tool

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Nov 13 11:43:54 EST 2008

2008/11/13 Dirk Holtwick <dirk.holtwick at gmail.com>:

>> We had good results internally with a utility called "pdftoppm", which

> I tested it and it works fine. But I still tend to use ImageMagic because:

> - It has an easies handling of fonts

> - It creates PNG, JPG, TIF etc. files which can be compared using

> TortoiseIDiff (PPM is not supported)

pdftoppm is an unfortunate name - it produces most formats and we
always asked it to give us .png output.

I need to check out ImageMagick and see how well it supports PDFs with
embedded form objects, asian fonts, different font models and so on.
For our own test suite it really needs to support all the common stuff
in PDF.

- Andy