[reportlab-users] even number of pages (nevermind)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Nov 6 02:28:08 EST 2008

2008/11/5 Chris Foster <cfoster at oda.state.or.us>:

> Sorry, just a brief moment of panic (two days until production).

> I forgot I'm also merging variable length letters with pyPDF in post

> processing and the problem is easily handled there. Obviously, it is not a

> ReportLab issue at all.

Funnily enough we have added some (as yet undocumented) flowables to
help this kind of thing - in our case making sure certain things
happen in the right places on 4-page spreads. These new flowables can
include content or not depending on the current page, frame or
position. If curious, look at the bottom of
reportlab/platypus/flowables.py on trunk.

But PyPDF is definitely the easiest way if you just need to
conditionally add a blank page.

- Andy